Independently evaluates and treats patient’s skills in the area of speech, language, voice, cognition and swallowing.
Participates in research related to speech language pathology.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides quality habilitative/rehabilitative care for patients receiving speech language pathology services including but not limited to evaluation, diagnosis, treatment plan, treatment implementation and discharge planning.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all departmental procedure manuals (i.e., diagnostic tests and equipment).
- Demonstrates familiarization with internal and hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains patient’s records as required by policies and administrative regulations.
- Determines the need for referral to other specialists in other areas and carry out referral.
- Provides education for patient and care giver as required.
- Provides in-service to other departments and services.
- Participates in research in specialty area(s).
- Supervises the speech language evaluation and treatment services provided by intern-students and SCDPs engaged in completion of clinical practicum requirements.
- Confers with intern-students and SCDP(s) to provide feedback to support clinical work and to develop clinical skills.
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in education, training and development activities as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Married-Status contract
- Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Masterâs Degree in Speech Language Pathology, and
- Four (4) years of experience in Speech-Language Pathology in a specialized area with Masterâs degree, and
- Professionally Credentialed Training Certification(s) from International Sectors, i.e. USA, Canadian, British, Scandinavian countries preferred, or other, and
- ASHA-CCC-SLP or Equivalent; JCIA-ASHA-AMA.
- SA (UK), CASALPA (Canada), and/or IALP