This position involves the centralized processing and sterilization of patient care, reusable devices, instruments, and equipment. These items are held in storage and then distributed, along with pre-packaged, pre-sterilized supplies, using a distribution cart to the various patient care areas of the Hospital including the operating rooms and dental clinic.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- High School Diploma, and
- Completion of a CSSD training program from an accredited school.
- Current certification with the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD), or International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) is required.
- A minimum of two years current full time experience as a CSSD Technician in an acute care hospital in North America.
The Central Sterilization Supply Distribution (CSSD) is a part of Logistic Services and provides customer service at our client hospital.
Logistic Services at this hospital provides healthcare professionals with the much needed supplies, pharmaceuticals and equipment at all times. Ordering, buying, expediting, shipping, monitoring, replenishing, warehousing and issuing are part of its functions. Logistic Services' role has become diversified with the following departments/sections: Procurement & Planning, Monitoring & Handling, ROYSPEC Services, Pharmaceutical Stores, CSSD/Medical Stores, Standardization Unit, Data & System Support, GCC Unit and Information Unit, respectively.