Provides Respiratory care as assigned. Serves as a resource to healthcare providers in relation to technical and therapeutic aspects of Respiratory Care.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs respiratory care procedures (i.e. medical gas therapy, bland/medicated aerosol therapies, bronchopulmonary hygiene) per established department policy and procedures.
- Monitors patient responses and modifies therapies based on clinical/physiologic assessments and consultation with physicians.
- Reads and evaluates physician's orders. Applies mechanical ventilator support of patients and monitors patient's response.
- Modifies ventilator management to meet patient needs, based on clinical assessment, physiologic monitoring, laboratory data and consultation with the physician.
- Performs invasive and non-invasive physiologic procedures (i. e. , blood gas analysis, TCM, EtC02, etc.) as established policy and procedures indicate.
- Participates in the development and modification of respiratory care plans and therapeutic goals for patients with cardiopulmonary diseases.
- Provides direct assistance to the physician and Code Team in cardiac I respiratory arrest situations;
- with primary responsibilities being patient airway and blood gas analysis. Member of the Rapid Response Team.
- Provides advanced emergency airway care (i.e. intubation, tracheal suctioning, etc.) according to approved protocols.
- Interprets basic EKG tracings and documents clinical assessment.
- Assists with pulmonary diagnostic procedures (i.e. bronchoscopy, etc.) as necessary.
- Assists in the orientation and perception of new employees and students as assigned.
- Provides simple user-maintenance and troubleshooting of routinely used Respiratory Care equipment.
- Complies with Hospital Infection Control and safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others' education, training and development.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's degree, Associate's degree, or diploma in Respiratory Therapy. This certification must be from a minimum 2-year program in respiratory therapy, and
- RRT registered with the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) in USA, or the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT), and
- Minimum of 3 years of current, full-time experience as a RRT with Associate degree; or 2 years of current, full-time experience as a RRT with Bachelor's degree in a large acute-care hospital in the USA, Canada, or UK.
The Respiratory Care Services Department at our client hospital is the largest full-service Respiratory Care department existing outside of the North American arena, with over 150 staff, including some 70+ Therapists, 25+ Technicians, and teams dedicated to our Blood Gas Labs, the PFT Labs, Home Services and Management.
The department is an essential and active participant in the provision of patient care in all areas, including the Centre for Children's Cancer & Research, a sister facility outside of Riyadh. We provide conventional, high frequency, and non-invasive ventilation, and inhaled nitric oxide and surfactant administration, in addition to conventional Oxygen and Aerosol therapies, Blood Gas sampling & analysis, and Chest Physiotherapy.
Our professional staff, representing Canada, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, the United States and Yemen, are a respected part of the health care team at the Hospital.
Respiratory Care Services provides a 24-hour a day, 7-day a week service in Emergency, Critical Care and General Ward areas. Diagnostic Services follow a clinic-related schedule to offer the best in Pulmonary Function Testing to both Inpatient and Outpatient populations. Our Service utilizes an array of modern equipment to provide Therapeutic and Diagnostic Services based on current, scientific practices.
Statistics Mechanical Ventilation Hours 292,922
Therapeutic Procedures 132,937
Continuous Oxygen Hours 500,952
Pulmonary Function Tests 3,072
Blood Gas Analysis 101,124
Respiratory Consult Clinic Visits 1,284