This is a new position that will oversee the procurement of nursing equipment and supplies.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Provides leadership direction across assigned area of responsibility. Monitors the performance and development of those within assigned area of responsibility.
- Supports the implementation of Nursing Affairs’ annual strategic plan. Works in partnership with program areas to meet strategic and operational plan as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Provides leadership in lean management activities and monitors outcomes.
- Leads and coordinates the achievement of cost efficiency savings across Nursing Affairs as it applies to program area. Identifies and achieves cost-containment goals within assigned area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with nursing colleagues, physicians and other key stakeholders to achieve clinical, financial and quality objectives across Nursing Affairs.
- Establishes and achieves targets for Saudization and nationality mix in area of responsibility, consistent with strategic plan of Nursing Affairs.
- Based on strategic objectives monitors the quality and quantity of the quality data and information and refers variances to appropriate stakeholder. Leads and coordinates the collection of data related to clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction and Performance Improvement activities. Leads and coordinates special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities.
- Communicates effectively with all staff in a manner consistent with their level of understanding, culture and background, proactively seeking out solutions to improve communications and teamwork. Empathetic and reassuring when communicating sensitive information and advise to staff. Persuasive and reassuring as required. Treats all colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect. Ensures communication and working relationships are effective.
- Actively welcomes new staff/students to assigned area. Leads and coordinates the retention of all staff to meet Nursing Affairs turnover rate goal. Participates in retention activities.
- Promotes staff orientation aimed at developing competence and performance and maintenance of a suitable learning environment for new staff to develop their competence.
- Promotes a safety culture by ensuring the integrity of products/supplies and oversees recall of products/supplies as necessary.
- Develops and sustains own knowledge and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of all positions in assigned area against the primary purpose and strategic goals.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs.
- Upholds the organizational values at all times.
- Follow all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable managing multi-cultural workforce.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Registered Nurse in USA or Canada, and
- Current Registered Nurse licensure from USA or Canada, and
- A minimum of six (6) years of current experience working as a Registered Nurse in a large acute-care hospital in USA or Canada, including two years of current experience in a leadership role required.