Reporting to Senior Industrial Engineering Specialist, Successful candidate:
- Performs a variety of industrial engineering work in planning and overseeing utilization of Hospital facilities and personnel. Assists in studies aimed at improving Hospital efficiency and productivity.
- Participates in studies, analysis and evaluation of hospital staffing, methods, operations, systems and procedures.
- Assists in the development of recommendations relative to the improvement and installation of integrated systems of staff, material, information, space, equipment and energy.
- Assists in work analysis and measurement studies, time and motion studies, work methods analysis, and/or productivity and utilization measurements in Hospital departments.
- Assists in identifying, defining, and reviewing departments' measures of performance and output, and maintains an activity monitoring system for departments.
- Provides assistance and advice in the development and design of new work methods, systems, and procedures.
- Analyzes existing and new operations and departmental units with regard to administrative organization, functional assignment of work, size and composition of work groups, and space and equipment allocations.
- Assists in the evaluation of major equipment purchases to determine their value in effective utilization of resources, as assigned. Analyzes such investments in terms of space and resource utilization.
- Consults with concerned Hospital staff as necessary; researches and gathers data; and prepares and submits reports as required.
- Assists in orienting new staff as assigned to the efficient and effective application of section activities and responsibilities.
- Participates in the development of the section's Internal Policies and/or Procedures.
- Maintains knowledge on current trends in specialty and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Lends technical support to other sections as required.
- Attends meetings of committees as may be assigned.
- Coordinates duties/ activities and maintains an effective flow of information with section supervisor.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Married-Status contract
- Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Master's, or Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Management Engineering, or Management Industrial Engineering, and
- Minimum of three years of experience with a Bachelor's degree, or two years with a Master's degree.