- Tax-Free income
- Married-Status contract
- Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiation Therapy (online programs are not accepted), and
- Current registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT), or UK hcpc registration, or equivalent, and
- A minimum of ten years experience as a Radiation Therapist including four year of supervisory experience in a hospital setting in North America, Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
- BCLS certification
The Radiation Therapy Department provides the highest quality radiation treatment for cancer patients of all ages. The program provides leading-edge patient care in a multidisciplinary team consisting of Radiation Oncologists, Radiation Physicists and Dosimetrists, Radiation Therapist and Radiation Oncology Nurses with other healthcare professionals and support staff.
Availability of new complex treatment techniques such as three dimensional conformal radiation therapy, stereotactic radiosurgery and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), we are able to aim the radiation more precisely, thereby causing less damage to normal tissue. This allows delivery of higher dose to primary tumor with less toxicity and complications to the patient.
The Department is equipped with the state-of-the-art technology for radiation treatment planning and delivery including:
- Four Varian Linear Accelerator (3 with dual energy, electrons, MLC, & dynamic wedge and electronic portal imaging).
- One Simulator Varian Ximatron
- One dedicated G.E. C.T. Simulator (with Virtual Simulator capabilities)
- Brachytherapy Units HDR and LDR (High and Low Dose Rate units)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- A fully equipped Mould Room
- Treatment Planning Systems (which includes Eclipse, Brain Lab, and Nucletron Brachytherapy Planning System Plato)
- Integrated Record and Verification System ARIA (Varian Medical Systems)
- Availability of multi-disciplinary teams to decide optimum cancer care plan for the best treatment outcomes.
- Optimum collaboration with Adult and Pediatric Hematology for Bone Marrow Transplant conditioning via Total Body Irradiation
- Iodine 125 plaque therapy service in collaboration with King Khalid Eye Hospital.
- Fully equipped recovery room for the recovery of general anesthesia patients undergoing radiation treatment.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Total Skin Electron Treatment
- Total Body Irradiation for Bone Marrow Transplants
Hours of OperationSaturday - Wednesday (5 days a week)
Emergency work after hours/weekend in liaison with on-call Radiation Oncologist and Chief Therappist/Designee.