Acts in a lead capacity in the A .R.T. Laboratory. Performs the duties in Assisted Reproductive Technology.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs all procedures in the A.R.T. Laboratory including ICSI procedure. Performs analyses, tests and procedures per established Laboratory standards, maintaining quality control of the subsection. Participates in the Quality Assurance programs of the Section. Investigates incident reports and implements associated corrective action.
- Assists in the evaluation of new methodologies/equipment. Assists in the revision of policy and procedure manuals in accordance with specified guidelines.
- Orients, trains, provides continuing education and guides lower graded personnel, other Laboratory and health care personnel, students and residents. Implements and maintains appropriate Laboratory safety procedures and practices.
- Ensures that optimum levels of supplies are available to provide uninterrupted services. Informs Reproductive Biologist/Supervisor of any operational or technical problems.
- Performs technical duties as assigned including weekends, night-shifts and on-call coverage.
- Participates in and contributes to quality improvement activities.
- Participates in self and other's education, training and development, as applicable.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Tax-Free income
- Married-Status contract
- Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent degree, and
- Four (4) years of experience or training in assisted reproductive technology, and
- Independently performed at least 50 hands-on ICSI / embryo biopsy cases and demonstrates clear understanding of ART techniques.