- Tax-Free income
- Married-Status contract
- Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology from North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand, and
- Master's degree in management is desirable, and
- Valid license/registration with the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS), or equivalent from Western Europe or Australia/New Zealand, and
- Ten years of current full-time experience as a registered Medical Technologist in the specialty area including three year of experience in a supervisory role with master's degree, or twelve years of similar experience requirements with a bachlor's degree, working in a hospital setting in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine provides a broad range of clinical services and endeavors to offer the highest quality testing using State-of-the-Art Technology. A professional multinational team strives to give analytical data of the highest caliber that will help in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
The laboratory is an integrated clinical and pathological service firmly rooted in the concept of quality care underscored by external peer-review (CAP, AABB) and with a specific mandate in supporting intensive therapies such as cancer therapy, hematopoietic stem cell and solid organ transplantation, cardiac and other complex surgeries. The Department also provides the essential support for assisted reproduction both pre-implantation and perinatal medicine.
- Applied Biosystem (ABI) genetic analyzer.
- ABI 1700 Chemiluminescent Microarray Analyser
- 7900 HT Sequence Detection System
- Stem Cell, cord blood Laboratory and BioArchive system for cryopreservation and storage of cord blood
- Pre-analytical Automation
- Fully Computerized Pneumatic tube system
Innovation / New Services
- Molecular Genetics testing
- Islet cell Lab
- Introduction and Implementation of the Nueclic Acid Testing (NAT) for testing donor blood samples.
- Cord Blood bio-archived system
- The College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), for peer group review and benchmarking.
- The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA), pathology residents education and training
- Mayo Medical Laboratories, staff training and referral services.
Pathologists/Scientists 26 (54% Saudi)
Technical Personnel 334 (41% Saudi)